Welcome to Mrs. Cantlon's Counselor Corner 



    About Me: 

    Welcome to Hamilton Heights Middle School! My name is Mrs. Cantlon, and I am your school counselor here at HHMS.  I am here for YOU.  My goal is for you to come to school each day ready to learn in an environment where you feel safe and secure and where you can look forward to coming each day.  Sometimes, however, you will need assistance in order to make your day run as smoothly and efficiently as possible.  This is where I can help.  Some of the services that I am here to provide include helping you with your schedule, working with you on organization, and helping with your studies.  I am also here to help you if you have concerns with friends or family or you just need to talk!

    I was born in New Albany, Indiana, which is about 3 hours south of here.  After high school I attended Hanover College, where I majored in Sociology.  While I was at Hanover, I was able to study abroad twice.  I spent one month in London, England during my sophomore year, and I spent the entire second semester of my junior year in Australia.  I also met my husband while I was at Hanover!  I worked for about a year after I left Hanover, and then I went back to school at IUPUI to get my Masters Degree in Counseling and Counselor Education.  I spent my first five years at Western Boone Jr. Sr. High School as a high school counselor.  I left there to be closer to home, and I worked at Tipton Middle School for 2 years before moving to Western High School for 4 years.  

    I live in Atlanta with my husband, Kurt, who is also a school counselor at Frankfort High School.  We are the proud parents of two sweet boys and a very rambunctious American Bulldog.  To say we have a full house is an understatement, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.  I am thankful for the life that I live each day, and I feel very blessed to be a part of the HHMS family now!  It has always been my goal to work at Hamilton Heights, and I am thrilled that I am finally getting that opportunity!! 

    If you would like to contact me, please shoot me an email or give me a call.  Students can request to see me by filling out a counselor request form in the Guidance Office.

For your reference: