The Hamilton Heights School district, conveniently located within a 25 minute drive of Indianapolis, Anderson and Kokomo, consists of approximately 112 square miles in Hamilton County, north or 216th street and bordered on the east by U.S.. Highway 37 and on the west by U.S.. Highway 31. The district consists of Jackson and White River Townships, as well as the towns of Cicero, Arcadia, and Atlanta. Hamilton Heights School Corporation is comprised of three school buildings, with K-12 enrollment at approximately 2,300 students. Grades 5-12 are 1:1, meaning each student is provided their own laptop or iPad, and Hamilton Heights’ students consistently have been scoring in the top 15% of the state on ISTEP scores. The corporation goal/mission is to provide a safe, innovative, and nurturing school environment where students matter and are treated with integrity and respect as the staff prepares and engages them in quality learning experiences that will equip them for future personal, professional, and social endeavors.
JOB POSTINGS / APPLY ONLINE
Current full-time and part-time job openings and the application process can be found here.
If you have been asked by an HHSC representative to get an employment background screening, an email will be sent to you with the link to complete the employment background screening. This includes coaches that will be receiving a stipend from the school corporation. If you have not yet received an email and believe you should have, please contact the appropriate building principal, athletic director, or department director.
Volunteer coaches should also receive an email with the link to complete the volunteer coach background screening. If you have not received the email and believe you should have, please contact the appropriate athletic director.
Please read all information contained in the background screening links carefully. The site is easy to navigate and detailed instructions are given. If you have questions call either Safe Hiring Solutions or Hamilton Heights School Corporation at 317-984-3538.
It is the intention of the Hamilton Heights School Corporation to ensure that qualified instructors are in all classrooms each day. Therefore, the following criteria will be followed in securing qualified people to serve as substitute teachers on days when regular teachers are absent.
- Individuals must meet one of the following criteria;
- Hold a valid Indiana Teacher License, or;
- Hold a valid Indiana Substitute Teacher Certificate issued prior to September 16, 1996, or;
- Qualify for a substitute license using the criteria listed below if applying after September 1, 1996;
- Education: Applicants must hold a high school diploma
- Experience: Prior experience working with youth is desirable (i.e.., working at a day care center, cadet teaching, working at a summer camp, serving as a scout leader, teaching Sunday school, etc.)
- References: Each prospective substitute teacher will be required to provide both personal and previous employer references
- Application Process: Each applicant must complete an employment application and if they do not hold a valid license or substitute certificate they must complete an application for Indiana Substitute Teaching certification. (The State requires a certification processing fee of $15). A National Criminal History background check will be required of each candidate with fee paid by the candidate.
- Orientation and In-service: Each properly licensed or certified substitute teacher will be required to meet with the superintendent (or designee) for orientation prior to working as a substitute.
- Program Assessment: This policy and program for certifying substitute teachers will be evaluated by school administrators at the end of the school year. Any recommended changes will be forwarded to the Indiana Division of Teacher Licensing.
The pay for substitute teachers is $72.58 ($75.00)/day for those who have a current teaching license and $69.47 ($70.00)/day for all others. To apply for a substitute teaching position, please complete the following steps.
Apply on AppliTrack You must have a completed application on file before you will be invited to attend the New Substitute Teacher Academy.
As a part of the hiring process, you are required to apply for and receive a clear national background screening. This can be done before the New Substitute Academy, but still close to the Academy. An email will be sent to you with the link to complete the background screening after your application is submitted. If you have not received an email and believe you should have, please contact the central office at 317-984-3538. All background reports will be sent to the school corporation by Safe Hiring Solutions.
If you do not have a current Indiana teacher’s license or substitute teacher’s certificate, you can apply online for a certificate with the Indiana Department of Education at https://license.doe.in.gov/.Start by creating a profile for your application for a Sub Teaching permit. At one point in the process, the school corporation is required to enter information, that portion is completed only after a clear Background Report is received.
Upon completion of steps 1, 2 and 3, we will send your employment forms via email for you to complete and bring to the Academy.
We will contact you via e-mail to attend the next scheduled New Substitute Academy. Please bring the following:
- Copy of a current State of Indiana teacher’s license or State of Indiana substitute teacher’s permit
- Completed employment forms you received in Step 4
- One of the following:
- Driver’s license along with either Social Security card or birth certificate