School Safety The Hamilton Heights School Corporation takes school safety very seriously and we work closely with local safety officials to develop the most comprehensive and effective school safety procedures feasible. There is a district-wide school safety council that meets regularly to review and revise safety plans to ensure that the following is in place:
-A School Resource Officer (SRO) serves the Hamilton Heights School Corporation Schools as a part of an ongoing partnership with the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Department; a mobile police radio is also located in each building as a direct line to the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Department.
– Building-wide crisis intervention plans are reviewed and/or revised on at least a yearly basis.
– Safety drills are held on a regular basis as outlined by state regulations/laws.
– Check-in procedures are in place for all visitors to our schools.
All staff members and volunteers are required to complete a criminal history background check.
– Security cameras are posted on the exterior and interior of each school.
– School corporation safety specialists attend annual training through the Indiana Department of Education.
– During an emergency situation, Hamilton Heights Schools will notify stakeholders via School Messenger and/or website update.
– If you have not already signed up for School Messenger alerts, click here for downloadable instructions on updating and maintaining your contact information in School Messenger.
Safety Quick Tip
Please call 911 instead of using Quick Tip if you have an immediate emergency. Administrators can provide timely help, but cannot guarantee immediate help. All Quick Tip Messages will be received and addressed during school hours. Please click on the “Tip” icon located above to provide a safety tip.
Hamilton Heights School Corporation has added School Messenger’s Quick Tip to our website to provide students and our community a resource for contacting the school anonymously or non-anonymously regarding a safety concern for our schools, students, or staff. This service is also a resource for those who witness or experience bullying. Please keep in mind that providing specific details (names, locations, times, and the type of safety concern) is essential to helping us follow through on the tip and to quickly resolving the safety concern. Thanks for helping keep Hamilton Heights School Corporation safe.