Students are encouraged to visit student services to talk with a counselor regarding any area of concern to them, whether it be vocational, educational, or personal.
Student Services is organized to assist students in developing self-awareness and self direction. They will help devise strategies for educational or career planning. Services also include: scheduling of students into courses, staff consultation, parent contact, program planning and management, evaluation and research, public relations, record keeping, and institutional contact.
Student Services will specifically help students with:
– Developing an appropriate course schedule
– Securing homework assignments and books for students who are ill for three or more consecutive days
– Interpreting and evaluating test scores
– Assessing student progress
– Arranging parent/teacher conferences
– Establishing parent conferences for students who fail courses, college planning, financial aid, scholarships, etc.
– Work permits for students under 18 years of age
– The college application process